Senior A&D Engineer
Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE American: REI) is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas and is a Texas-based oil and gas exploration, development, and production company with current operations in the Permian Basin of West Texas -- recognized as the top producing oil basin in North America. Primary company focus is Permian conventional development on the Central Basin Platform and Northwest Shelf.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will be based out of the company’s office in The Woodlands, Texas. The candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers, geoscientists and land professionals. The position’s main focus will be performing economic valuations of potential acquisitions and divestitures. This is a dynamic role that requires the candidate to have entrepreneurial skills with a high-level understanding of engineering, operations, and financial disciplines. Must work well in a team setting and communicate efficiently with a strong emphasis on prioritization, accuracy, and presentation skills.
Description of Tasks:
- Primary focus on evaluation of acquisition & divestiture opportunities
- Quickly scope and accurately screen potential acquisition opportunities
- Conduct technical reviews and asset valuations for both business development opportunities and operated positions to maximize company portfolio value
- Assist in technical evaluations and presentations of materials for the executive management team and investor relations departments
- Ability to perform complex valuations incorporating financial statements, commercials, engineering and build financial models
- Participate in data room management presentations and provide executive summaries to management team
- Ability to research and provide market movements, benchmarking, and identify key value metrics
- Position will also provide support to Subsurface Development group as needed
- Proficient and strong understanding of probabilistic and deterministic methods
- Expected to participate in business development conferences, networking, and associations
- Can easily identify limitations in data set and range in certainty of results calculations
- Evaluate and report competitor results and conduct basin studies for benchmarking and acquisition opportunities
- 7 – 13 years of oil & gas industry related experience
- Preferably with an operator and/or investment bank – concentration in reservoir engineering with experience in operations preferred
- B.S. in Engineering required; B.S. in Petroleum Engineering preferred
- MBA not required but preferred
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office.
- Proficient with Aries, FactSet, and Spotfire
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed
- Exceptional work ethic with a high degree of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual who works well in a fast-paced environment
Ring Energy, Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. The benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance, HSA & FSA Plans, and paid time off. Work schedule includes half day- Fridays every week and the position will also be eligible for Ring’s AIP (bonus) and LTIP (stock) programs.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.