Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE American: REI) is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas and is a Texas-based oil and gas exploration, development, and production company with current operations in the Permian Basin of West Texas -- recognized as the top producing oil basin in North America. Primary company focus is Horizontal San Andres wells in the Central Basin Platform and Northwest Shelf.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will be based out of the company’s office in The Woodlands, Texas. The candidate will be responsible for development of landing zones, well plans and geological prognosis. They will also provide geosteering support on wells in multiple basins and formations while maintaining daily reporting and oversight for wellsite geology. Additionally, they will be involved in the interpretation and mapping of formation tops from multiple sources of data and preparing detail structure, Isopach and cross-section maps to aid understanding. Must be able to handle multiple projects while working on both office and field work simultaneously with minimal supervision. Must work well in a team setting and communicate efficiently with a strong emphasis on prioritization and presentation skills.
Description of Tasks:
- Build Geo-Prognosis, develop landing zones and well plans for horizontal wells
- Geosteer wells real time across multiple formations using Starsteer
- Up-keep geological software Starsteer and Petra
- Maintain a daily reporting system for well operation and data gathering and management
- Provide technical and operational support to directional drillers, company men, and office technical staff
- Oversee the wellsite geology processes and procedures including mud loggers, wireline loggers and coring activities
- Proficient in subsurface mapping, including interpretation and mapping formation tops from digital and raster log data to generate detailed structure, isochron/isopach, cross-sections and interpretive maps
- Understand and follow all safety policies & procedures based on company HSE program.
- Prepare geological reports and presentations.
- Available and willing to make field visits, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with office and field personnel.
- Position provides an opportunity to learn/grow and develop skills under mentorship of Senior geologists
- B.S. in Geology/Geoscience required; M.S. in Geology/Geoscience preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of industry related experience.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office.
- Experience with real-time geosteering and horizontal drilling operations
- Starsteer and Petra knowledge is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours while geosteering during 24/7 rig operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Ring Energy, Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. The benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance, HSA & FSA Plans, and paid time off. Work schedule is half-Fridays every week and the position will also be eligible for Ring’s AIP (bonus) and LTIP (stock) programs.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.