Ring Energy, Inc. (NYSE American: REI) is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas and is a Texas-based oil and gas exploration, development, and production company with current operations in the Permian Basin of West Texas -- recognized as the top producing oil basin in North America. The primary company focus is Horizontal San Andres wells in the Central Basin Platform and Northwest Shelf, with an expanding footprint in the Permian.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position will be based out of the company’s office in The Woodlands, Texas. This role will be primarily involved with corporate reserves, corporate planning and reservoir studies and will include a lead role in the preparation and accuracy testing associated with the SEC reserves process. Candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers, geoscientist and land professionals and will provide support through his/her knowledge of reservoir characterization, reservoir management, performance analysis and surveillance. Must be able to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision, while meeting the established deadlines. Must work well in a team setting and communicate efficiently with a strong emphasis on prioritization, accuracy, and presentation skills. Must have extensive ARIES experience.
Description of Tasks:
- Primary role will be in corporate reserves and corporate planning
- Responsible for the annual reserve process including compliance with internal / external reserve auditors, optimizing reserve additions through upside support, and any related reserve reporting requirements
- Analyze well reserve levels for economic value analysis and company reporting requirements according to established schedules
- Developing LOE and CAPEX models for corporate modeling
- Prepare comprehensive cash flow analyses and modeling for capital and expense projects
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends
- Manipulate data and make appropriate business recommendations for meeting or exceeding requirements
- Participate in long range business planning by preparing quarterly production volume forecasts and projections
- Prepare cost comparisons on budgeted versus actual expenditures
- Evaluate internal production data and acquisition candidate data, and review project proposals and plans
- Develop production and reserve reports for regulatory and company reporting requirements
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed
- Work with Planning and Performance Management team to ensure robust commercial analysis of drilling inventory, capital program and ongoing operations
- Provide training, coaching and mentorship, provide engaging career development opportunities for staff
- Work with Management to ensure compliance with corporate processes
- S. in Engineering required; B.S. in Petroleum Engineering preferred.
- 7-15 years of industry related experience preferably with a concentration in reservoir engineering, but experience in operations is required.
- Worked with an operator in Corporate Reserves/Reservoir team
- Public Company experience is a plus
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office
- Extensive knowledge of ARIES and working knowledge of Spotfire
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed
- Exceptional work ethic with a high degree of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual who works well in a fast-paced environment.
Ring Energy, Inc. offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. The benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance, HSA & FSA Plans, and paid time off.Corporate Reserves III – Staff Engineer: Apply Now